Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:56:16 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HTML mail (hub.freebsd.org spam policy)

> Mike Dewhirst wrote:
>
> just picking up on an earlier thing about HTML email (and begin
> guilty myself) - is it not possible to strip all HTML messages
> down to plain text format?
>
> I think the jakarta-struts mailing list does it...

Of course it is possible, but why put the load on a maybe already
busy mail server? The human brain has more power than a FreeBSD
server (I at least hope that's the case :-), so why let the com-
puter deal with it? It's easy to learn that one shouldn't mix
HTML in mails. It's also quite easy to configure your mail client
to not send HTML at all, but plain text.

Best regards,
Paul