Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:38:34 +0000
From:      Duraid <latif2221@home.com>
To:        mij@osdn.com, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd and kde

you mean everything that is compiled from source is 100% compatible with
freebsd? then what does it mean writing application for linux? and does
freebsd differs from linux only by the kernel, ie it uses the same
libraries and compilers? then why do they call the applications ports..
doesn't porting an application mean modifying the source to suite the
operating system?

sorry, lot's of questions... but im tired looking and solving problems with
library mismatch and differences between distributions... i need an already
OPERATING system...and i like the idea that freebsd comes with these things
taken care of.. am i wrong?

Duraid