Date:      Fri, 26 May 1995 10:41:21 -0500
From:      j.ross@gomail.sjcpl.lib.in.us (jack ross)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   can't run packages due to id.so...

We have just installed the newest ver. of freebsd from ftp.cdrom.com and
when we get some of the packages that are already precompiled like lynx,
gopher or pine, and get errors.
the error for trying to run lynx is
  id.so :lynx: libncurses.so.3.0: no such file or directory

I checked and found these files in the /usr/lib, and we get all the stiff
from bininst, except the source. We got to many errors with trying to
compile the sources of these programs, so we are just working with
binaries.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

jack ross
Michiana Free-net
j.ross@gomail.sjcpl.lib.in.us

          / \             //     Jack Ross       \\             / \
         |   |____________/ Apex cd-rom recording \____________|   |

         |   |___________/  jdross@ucs.indiana.edu \___________|   |

          \ /          //      customcd@aol.com     \\          \ /