Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:44:16 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        vova@fbsd.ru
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How does GNOME 2.12 treats to you so far?

--=-H9Hvhzpf/PJnmM1COset

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 11:27 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> =B2 =E1=D1, 10/09/2005 =D2 01:05 -0500, Jeremy Messenger =DF=D8=E8=D5=E2:
> > Hello folks,
> >=20
> > Please fill out your complaint, feedback, report bug or whatever for us=
 =20
> > can write in known issues, faqs and fix stuff if need.
>=20
> Trying to upgrade gnome by gnome_upgrade.sh
>=20
> - first problem: I have packages available in /usr/ports/packages before
> upgrade, so gnome_upgade.sh -p use these packages (old glib and others
> dependence) instead of get them from tinderbox. Probably one this should
> be checked somehow by upgrade script.

It is now.  Setting PACKAGESITE prior to running the script will allow
you to use a custom repository for packages.

>=20
> I've interrupted upgrade and continue with -restart.
>=20
> Then it fails while upgrade gpsdrive:

[snip]

Looks like a problem with gpsdrive and the new pango API.  I'd report
this to the gpsdrive maintainer.  They should feel free to contact
gnome@ if they have any questions.

>=20
> After -restarte without gpsdrive
> it fails on audacity:

[snip]

Same thing.  GTK+ no longer explicitly pulls in pangox, so the port
needs to be modified to import the pangox CFLAGS and LDFLAGS from
pkg-config.

[snip]

> gnome-splash-manager - coredumps:
> % ruby /usr/local/bin/gnome-splashscreen-manager
> (eval):1: [BUG] rbgobj_define_class: Invalid gtype [CanvasPathDef]
>=20
> ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-freebsd6]
>=20
> Abort
> % gdb ruby ruby.core

[snip]

This is a known issue, I believe.  I'll let mezz comment on the
ruby-gnome ports.

>=20
> Evolution tried to check all incoming mail for spam with remote servers
> (corresponding checkbox in setup turned off)
> This make morning mail fetching work very, very long.

Sounds like a general Evo bug.  You might check Bugzilla for any
potential candidates.

Joe

--=20

--=-H9Hvhzpf/PJnmM1COset