Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:16:30 -0400
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New name?

Das Devaraj wrote:

> The FreeBSD community at large may not want to change the name,
> but some enterprising souls may repackage the same thing with a
> catchy name (since redistribution seems to be allowed) and make
> a few bucks.  Any takers on this? :-)

This seems more reasonable. I don't know if this applies, but
it was CSRG's Unix, but the name Berkeley Systems Distribution
had some good stuff in it.

I usually don't refer to it as FreeBSD in mixed company.
I call it 'Berkeley Unix' which in a conversation is pretty
harmless but has obvious problems in print.

Redistribute it as?:

BSD-x86
A Berkeley Operating System
Development by FreeBSD

Does this cause legal problems? DG? What are the
restrictions on 'Unix'?

Dan

--
danj@3skel.com