Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:05:49 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Current DRM for 6-STABLE

--=-pQnKFZz05S8e3CNezWWh

I've put a patch at
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/drm-sys-stable-20051128.diff for a
merge of the DRM in -current to 6-STABLE.  I don't intend to merge it
soon, but it may be of use to people who are enjoying life on 6-STABLE
otherwise, and expand the testing before I do commit.  Commit message
from -current:

Update DRM to CVS snapshot as of 2005-11-28.  Notable changes:
- S3 Savage driver ported.
- Added support for ATI_fragment_shader registers for r200.
- Improved r300 support, needed for latest r300 DRI driver.
- (possibly) r300 PCIE support, needs X.Org server from CVS.
- Added support for PCI Matrox cards.
- Software fallbacks fixed for Rage 128, which used to render badly or hang=
.
- Some issues reported by WITNESS are fixed.
- i915 module Makefile added, as the driver may now be working, but is unte=
sted.- Added scripts for copying and preprocessing DRM CVS for inclusion in=
 the
  kernel.  Thanks to Daniel Stone for getting me started on that.

As far as i915 goes, apparently people have had it successfully attach
to the drmsub device, which I never managed to when I had an
i915-supported device.  After that there was an AGP issue that I hope I
fixed, so it needs testing now, and may Just Work.

--=20
Eric Anholt                                     eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt@FreeBSD.org

--=-pQnKFZz05S8e3CNezWWh