Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 08:41:38 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ditching POP, moving to IMAP

The subject sums it up well.  I'm going to move my mail server from POP
to IMAP, so my (few) mail users can manage their email accounts from
several locations in a reasonable fashion.

We use a variety of clients, including Netscape mail on FreeBSD, Solaris,
and HP/UX, Eudora Lite on Win95/NT, and Mail-It and BeMail on BeOS.

What do you clever FreeBSD users and administrators out there use?  I'm
looking through the docs on Cyrus, but it looks a bit "over the top" for
my small user base.  Is IMAP-uw reasonably reliable once patched into
submission?  It seems to be such a goldmine of bugs and security holes,
I'm a little hesitant to jump in.