Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:53:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      W Alexander Hagen <aligzanduh@yahoo.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd REL_ENG 4.3 p28 freezes every 30 minutes.

--0-369975737-1016491993=:45165

 Well and good. p28 is the cvsup revision level. My question is how do I find out what is causing the system to crash.
Are there any good articles on this ? should I turn everythinh to max log and verbose output ? can I monitor the system ? And can all this be done in an eight hour period of time ?
I like to understand the problem, before upgrading out of it. This is the 28th patch of REL ENG 4.3 after all. It should be very stable.
This machine has two four port nic cards.
  Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk> wrote: On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:19:32PM -0800, W Alexander Hagen wrote:

> Re: Freebsd REL_ENG 4.3 p28 freezes every 30 minutes.

What's REL_ENG 4.3 p28?

Have you tried upgrading to the RELENG_4 branch in our cvs repository?
We're currently up to RELENG_4_5_0_RELEASE, which was the last release.
You look like you're running something based on 4.3.

Joe

--0-369975737-1016491993=:45165

<P> Well and good. p28 is the cvsup revision level. My question is how do I find out what is causing the system to crash.
<P>Are there any good articles on this ? should I turn everythinh to max log and verbose output ? can I monitor the system ? And can all this be done in an eight hour period of time ?
<P>I like to understand the problem, before upgrading out of it. This is the 28th patch of REL ENG 4.3 after all. It should be very stable.
<P>This machine has two four port nic cards.