Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:12:11 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   X11 problem. Simultaneous user connection on same machine.

Hello all,

=09I'm running KDE under a normal user and I couldn't seem to get some gr=
oup of=20
kcontrol to work properly. Whenever I need to adjust some settings such a=
s=20
Font Installer, Login Manager which requires root access (which I have), =
the=20
tor=20
Mode button.=20

So I tried su-ing to root in konsole and run kcontrol from there. I avoid=
=20
using root account when running X11 so I set the $DISPLAY. I ran kcontrol=
 and=20
this was the output that I got.

--------------------------------
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOPServer up and running.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kded: cannot connect to X server :0
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-22382' to 'kded'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
Xlib: No protocol specified

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kcontrol: cannot connect to X server :0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
Mutex destroy failure: Device busy
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.