Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 12:46:30 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Jake Burkholder <jburkhol@home.com>, Jake Burkholder <jake@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP Re: cvs commit: ... Change to queue(3)

At 2:25 PM -0700 5/23/00, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> > jake        2000/05/23 13:41:02 PDT
> >   Log:
> >   Change the way that the queue(3) structures are declared;
> >   don't assume that the type argument to *_HEAD and *_ENTRY
> >   is a struct.
> >
> >   Suggested by:	phk
> >   Reviewed by:	phk
> >   Approved by:	mdodd
> >

>HEADS UP
>
>Possible action required!
>
>Some drivers use headers from the installed system during the
>kernel build, and a make world, or at least make includes, is
>necessary before a new kernel can be built.
>
>LINT is affected by this.

What is the advantage of this?  You're going to have a queue of
some things, and those things are not structs?  What else would
they be?  unions?  or is this so one can use typedef'ed structs?

(I guess I should look at the change before asking, but it seems
like such an odd change to make...and my gut reaction is that it
is a change in the wrong direction)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute