Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 17:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newfs on an existing filesystem

Just for curiosity, if I newfs on an existing filesystem, will the
contents of the old filesystem be erased completely? I guess that the
existing filesystem must be unmounted before doing so.  If using same
parameters in newfs as in the old filesystem, the contents of the old
filesystem will be saved (I have to do a fsck though).  Am I right?

Thanks for any help.