Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 06:07:07 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updateing perl?

Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com> types:
> Was going to ask the same question about compiling perl because I cant
>
> find a port for perl5.6.1  and I need the latest version.

It's in /usr/ports/lang/perl5. If that's not 5.6.1, then you need to
update your ports tree. However, note the pkg-descr says:

This port is marked FORBIDDEN as it conflics badly with the Perl5
that is in the 'base' system. Sysadmins and users who know how to
override this may do so, and must accept the risk of doing so.

	<mike