Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:04:45 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_Sch=FCtte?= <lists@mschuette.name>
To:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Acces to apache log.

Albert Shih schrieb:
> How can I do that ? Make the acces to apache-log and tomcat-log (or anything log)
> to my users ?

Maybe some unconventional approach: use syslog to write all logs to a
user-accessible location. (If they have no shell account at all, then to
a file on the Apache server they cann access by HTTPS.)

Example from httpd.conf:
CustomLog /var/log/apache/access.log combined
CustomLog "|/usr/bin/logger -p local1.info -t apache" complete

Then in syslog.conf on the apache server:
local1.info	/usr/local/www/userdata/access.log
and on backend-servers:
local1.info	@other-server

Oh, and make sure the syslogd is portfiltered so it is not accessible
from the internat but only from your backend servers.

I do not know about Tomcat, but it should be able to log to syslog as well.

--
Martin