Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:27:07 -0500
From:      "Zane C.B." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Subject:   oddness with wpa_cli save_config

Just sat down and begin playing around with wpa_cli.

I have one network network setup already in
'/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'. This is working with out issue. Now I try
the following from wpa_cli and just the the message back "FAIL".

1
> set_network 1 ssid "test"
OK
> save_config
FAIL

=46rom my understanding that should be fine as ssid is the only
required thing for a network. Not truely useful, but should still
work.

-rw-r-----  1 root  wheel   322B Nov 25 22:35 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

USER         PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT  STAT STARTED      TIME
COMMAND
root         321  0.0  0.1  3048  2416  ??  Ss    1:16PM
0:00.15 /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -q -i ath0
-c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D bsd -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant/ath0.pid

Any suggestions?