Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:01:49 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/19868 - deleting catpages

The PR ports/19868 is a PR for pkg_delete not deleting catpages.

Once upon a time (say back on July 18, 2000) I had a patch to
fix this PR.  I think my patch may also have fixed a problem where
NOMANCOMPRESS + MLINKS was slightly broken.  Due to a combination
of mine and asami's delinquincy, as well as the Internet Gremlins,
the patch got eaten (several times) by cyberspace.

Anyways, after perusing (*) several years of email, it seems there's
been some debate as to whether the catpages should simply be deleted
and removed from FreeBSD altogether.

With that in mind: is it worthwhile for me to resurrect this patch
from the graveyard and verify/test with a modern -STABLE ?

(*) I recently discovered that some people are under the mistaken
    impression that "peruse" means "to read carefully".  This is in
	fact only partially correct.  It means to read leisurely.  Obviously,
	if someone is reading leisurely, this can mean that they are either
	quickly scanning the material or that they are reading it closely.
	I will let the context of my usage suggest a specific meaning.

--
If I could think of a two-line witty aphorism for you to remember
me by, this would definitely be it.