Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:20:11 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opinions on interesting VFS calls

I'm still tinkering on a vfsstats tool in my spare time, and I've got a
few questions for those interested:

1. What are the top ten most interesting vfs calls for statistics purposes?

2. How important is it to *not* change the statfs structure? (I know
this breaks a lot of tools, I've tried it already)

3. Is it ok for me to use the f_spare[10] slot in statfs for this?

4. If 4 is OK, then is 10 enough for storing the most important calls?
If it isn't, then I'm stuck breaking the statfs struct, right?

Thanks!
Eric