Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:39:32 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        "bsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question on CVSuping ports for first time on a system

Hi,
I've got a query about CVSuping the ports collection for the first time o=
n a=20
system. According to=20
/usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvsup-advanced/examples.html you=20
should use  *default tag=3D<shipping-date-of-your-release> for the first =
CVSup=20
to create the ports checkouts file.=20
I used tag=3D2002.06.11.09.02.00 for 4.6-R, so my cvsup file looked like
*default tag=3D2002.06.11.09.02.00
#*default tag=3D.
*default host=3Dcvsup.au.FreeBSD.org
*default prefix=3D/usr
*default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=3Dcvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
ports-all

When I tried that, cvsup deleted all my ports. Obviously this is not righ=
t!
The example cvsup file in /usr/obj/examples and the Handbook don't mentio=
n=20
this at all, they just say use tag=3D. for the ports collection.
Using tag=3D. seems to work correctly.

I'm just wondering, is that correct, or should I do something else the fi=
rst=20
time?

Cheers,
Ian