Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 07:38:08 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jb3insf@pacbell.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with Xfree86 4.1.0

[-stable list elided from cc line - PLEASE don't cross post, especially
  to lists like -stable which don't have anything to do with general
  questions involving X or many other things for that matter]

If you can hook up a serial console to this box, it would be most
instructive to see where the machine is trapping.  My suspicion is
that it's blowing up in i686_mrstoreone() in the MTRR code, but it's
impossible to tell without a traceback from the debugger.  Please
check the handbook for information on compiling debugging kernels and
setting up serial consoles.

- Jordan