Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:47:01 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mplayer port with quicktime support :)

Hi Folks,

	Well, I've just watched 3 trailers ... guess what... IN
QUICKTIME FORMAT. Lord Of The Rings 2 The Two Towers Trailer works
like a charm.

	Well, the arrow keys did not work well with The Two Towers
(I couldn't forward the movie) but it worked will the Spider Man Trailer.
So it's not that much an issue for now.

	Furthermore, this new version of mplayer ALSO supports WM9.

	Give this baby a try and let me know what do you guys think.
:)

	Installation instructions:

	1) Deinstall mplayer port
	2) Deinstall win32-codecs port

	3) Download updated versions of both mplayer and win32-codecs
	ports

	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/mplayer.tar.gz
	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/win32-codecs.tar.gz

	4) Install win32-codecs
	5) Install mplayer

	Now, try using it. Lets hope everything works just fine.
Heheeh

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer