Date:      Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:40:37 -0600
From:      "Chris" <chris@filarescue.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backing up server to Windows box

Hello,

Does anyone know a good way to completely back up a FreeBSD server (running=
 things like Apache, a mail server, sshd, etc) to my home WinXP box?

The server is co-located away from home, and instead of paying for offsite=
 storage for backup purposes, can't I just use my broadband connection to=
 make differential backups to my home WinXP computer?

It seems that I could either:

a) schedule a program on my WinXP box that ssh's to the server to retrieve=
 the files; or
b) use cron to cause the server to ssh to my WinXP box to push the files to=
 me.

Option 'b' seems more secure to me for some reason ... is there a FreeBSD=
 port/package that can handle that, if I were to run a ssh server on my=
 home computer? I do have a static IP address, but if that were to ever=
 change, I suppose option 'a' might be easier.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Fila Rescue, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are=
 tax-deductible.