Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:28:56 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        John Stalker <stalker@Math.Princeton.EDU>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wdm in a networked environment considered harmful

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 01:22:06PM -0400, John Stalker wrote:
> Hi,
> 	wdm works fine on a single machine, but it has one great drawback
> when managing a remote display.  If the user selects "Halt" or "Reboot"
> it will halt or reboot the machine running wdm, not the machine running
> the Xserver.

I found that telnet has the same bug.  If I telnet into a remote
machine and type 'reboot' it reboots the remote machine instead
of my local machine.

Which is actually exactly what I would expect, come to think of it!  :)

--
If I could think of a two-line witty aphorism for you to remember
me by, this would definitely be it.