Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:31:17 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Thierry Black" <thierryblack@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printing to logs (logging to printer)

At 10:27 PM -0600 7/5/01, Thierry Black wrote:
>I want to set up to send a copy of some sys logs to a printer
>for security and archives. Can I use tee to branch the log
>output to printer and file? I want the entrys to print one at
>a time in realtime.

If you mean "sys logs" as in SYSLOG messages, then you can configure
syslog to send each line to multiple places.  Read the man page on
syslog.

>for that I think a dotmatrix printer is the answer, but I
>couldn't find any new dotmatrix printers for under $200.

I also expect a dotmatrix printer is a reasonable device for
this.  So, either you pay the price of a dotmatrix printer,
or you buy some other a device which is less ideal for this
application, but which will cost less.  Or you buy a used
dotmatrix printer.