Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:33:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@freefour.acs.rpi.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Subject:   ports/7219: misc/screen does not include libcrypt on 'make'

>Number:         7219
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       misc/screen does not include libcrypt on 'make'
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-980627-SNAP i386
>Environment:

	I'm running a recently built system, with only a few ports
        installed.

	I should be cvsup-ed to pretty close to the minute.  I cd'ed
	to /usr/ports/misc/screen, and did a 'make'.  The make failed,
        with the linking step saying it could not find '_crypt'.  My
	system does have /usr/lib/libcrypt and /usr/lib/aout/libcrypt.*,
	so I just editted the makefile in the screen/work directory to
	include -lcrypt on the "LIBS =" line.  screen then compiled OK
	and seems to be working correctly.

>How-To-Repeat:

	See above.

>Fix:

	I did not look to see *why* the makefile for screen did not
	include -lcrypt.  I was in a bit of a rush to make this, so
	just did the quickest fix that got it to make for me.