Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:05:48 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Graham North <northg@shaw.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, Volker Stolz <vs@FreeBSD.org>, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Cool 'n quiet and other AMD stuff

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

> >On Tuesday 04 October 2005 11:40 am, Volker Stolz wrote:

> >>Maybe this will work: http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fvcool/

(speaking with my port maintainers' hat on)

Ah -- I don't think fvcool is what you're looking for. It only works
for older AMD athlon/duron CPUs on certain motherboard chipsets. See:

    http://www.nt.phys.kyushu-u.ac.jp/shimizu/download/fvcool/README-FVCool=
104.html

Also, I'd recommend against using it on any system doing processor
intensive stuff as it can make the system less stable.  It's fine for
a desktop box or lightly used machine though.

    Cheers

    Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Tilmanstone
Tel: +44 1304 617253                                  Kent, CT14 0JL UK

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--