Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 12:38:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Marcus <xenith@clam.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hi

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Marcus wrote:

> Hi I am interested in setting up a World Wide Web Server, potentially
> using your product. How hard would it be to set one up with an ISDN
> line. I have been interested in setting up a web server for a while.
> As well as setting up a mail server & Usenet server. would I be able
> to do this with your software & how hard would it be.

It's quite simple to set up a Web server.  Just install the apache port
from ftp.freebsd.org and start putting web pages in /usr/local/www/data.
A machine restart (or running httpd) gets you up and running.

Mail is similarly easy, but it depends on how you want the mail to be
sent, via POP or whatever.

News is a bit trickier.  It requires a huge amount of diskspace and a bit
of configuration finesse.

The mail archies at http://www.freesd.org would be a good resource for
you.