Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 12:51:57 -0500
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@telebase.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Chuck Murcko <chuck@telebase.com>
Subject:   Re: tripwire, xinetd (or tcp wrappers)

>>  `xinetd' *has* been ported to FreeBSD, by Chuck Murcko
>> (chuck@telebase.com).  Check out
>> ftp://ftp.telebase.com/pub/security/xinetd.2.1.7-freebsd.4.tar.gz

Mark> I stand corrected. Perhaps this could be submitted to us as a port?

I've set up a couple things in the ports collection; I can prepare one for
xinetd pretty quickly.  I'll talk to Chuck.

>> I'm using it on a FreeBSD box, as is Chuck.  We use it here on a variety
>> of platforms to which it was not originally ported by its author, Panos
>> Tsirigotis.

Mark> Ports please, gentlemen!

Chuck maintains the Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, BSDI ports.  They're all
available from ftp.telebase.com; they're also mirrored
at the COAST archive (ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/pub/mirrors/ftp.telebase.com)
----
Brian Clapper .............................................. bmc@telebase.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~bmc/ ............. PGP public key available on request
Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use
functions for scratch space after they are finished calling them?