Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:17:27 +1100
From:      Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org>
To:        Rich <rincebrain@gmail.com>,  freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Errors on a file on a zpool: How to remove?

Rich wrote:
> Scrubbing repeatedly does nothing to remove the note about that error,
> and I'd rather like to avoid trying to recreate a 7TB pool.

If you have bad hardware, its quite possible for ZFS to get itself into
a state that it cannot repair itself.  The claim about "never needs
fsck" only applies if the hardware is doing what is expected of it.
This especially goes for a pool with zero redundancy, like yours.

Its pretty good that ZFS can report the checksum failures where with
other filesystems wouldn't even know something's wrong until it starts
returning garbled data or crashes the whole kernel.

I presume you have already tried "zpool clear" ?

- Andrew