Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:10:47 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        martins@paris.ensmp.fr
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from FreeBSD 5.3 to 6.2

On 2007.08.25 13:45:05 +0200, Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> I found Ralph Engelschall scripts to upgrade FreeBSD systems.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/upgrade/freebsd-upgrade-5x-6x.txt

I would suggested just using the documented procedure from the FreeBSD
Handbook.

I haven't done any 5.3 -> 6.2 upgrades but I have done many other 5.x
-> 6.x and I haven't had a problem in any of the cases.

Of course I mostly have console on systems which makes everything a
lot simpler / safer, but you didn't say if that was requirement for
you (being able to upgrade without console).

--
Simon L. Nielsen