Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:35:38 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        ruben@bloemgarten.demon.nl
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migration from mysql 3.2.23 to 4.1.13

Don't forget to repair all tables /databases befor dump.
I recommend you to convert ISAM tables to MyISAM before dump. (but do it
on backup copy of data, not on original)
Dump databases by newer mysqldump.
If you are using non latin1 charset, maybe you will have some troubles
after importing dump into 4.1.
Do not blindly dump and reimport mysql users (table `user` from database
`mysql`) because 4.1 has different structure and using different
passwords. Manualy recreate all accounts instead.