Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 07:43:09 +0100
From:      Lennart Nilhov <lennart.nilhov@kagg.gy-edu.kalmar.se>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ccd-driver

At 23:33 1997-02-24 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Carey Nairn wrote:

>> >	Why not?  I'm personally using it to strip 5 disks into one file
>> >system for news, but according to the man page(s), ccd does support
>> >mirror'ng...
>> >

>> from the ccd man page...
>>
>> The ccd driver provides the capability of combining one or more
>> disks/partitions into one virtual disk.
>>
>> I didn't see anything about using ccd to mirror.  If you can point me to
>> the relevant man page I would happily be corrected on this point.
>>

>	i've just checked 'man ccdconfig' on both 2.2-current of last
>year sometime, as well as my current 3.0-current machine, and both state:
>

>     A ccd is described on the command line and in the ccd configuration file
>     by the name of the ccd, the interleave factor, the ccd configuration
>     flags, and a list of one or more devices.	The flags may be represented
>     as a decimal number, a hexadecimal number, a comma-separated list of
>     strings, or the word ``none''. The flags are as follows:
>
>	   CCDF_SWAP	  0x01	    Interleave should be dmmax
>	   CCDF_UNIFORM   0x02	    Use uniform interleave
>	   CCDF_MIRROR	  0x04	    Support mirroring
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>	   CCDF_PARITY	  0x08	    Support parity (not implemented yet)
>
>     The format in the configuration file appears exactly as if it were en-
>     tered on the command line.  Note that on the command line and in the con-
>     figuration file, the _f_l_a_g_s argument is optional.
>
>	   #
>	   # /etc/ccd.conf
>	   # Configuration file for concatenated disk devices
>	   #
>
>	   # ccd	   ileave  flags   component devices
>	   ccd0 	   16	   none    /dev/sd2e /dev/sd3e
>
> FreeBSD			 July 17, 1995				     2

Yes this is correct. I have followed this instruktion in details.
I have used
ccd0    16      4       /dev/sd1s1e     /dev/sd2s1e
and dmesg says:
ccd0: Concatened disk driver
ccd0: mirror/parity forces uniform flag
But the main problem is: "who to us it"
I can't find any information about the correct line in /etc/fstab
/Lennart
But the main question is, "who to us it"