Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:50:33 GMT
From:      Paul Saab <ps@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/100160: [mfid] Perc5i: additional symptomatic info on	virtual disk detection issue

The following reply was made to PR i386/100160; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Saab <ps@freebsd.org>
To: Bucky Jordan <bjordan@lumeta.com>
Cc: Jeffrey Williams <jeff@sailorfej.net>,  bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org,  freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org,
 dmartin@euitt.upm.es
Subject: Re: i386/100160: [mfid] Perc5i: additional symptomatic info on	virtual
 disk detection issue
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:46:59 -0700

 revision 1.11
 date: 2006/06/20 22:41:44;  author: ps;  state: Exp;  lines: +77 -202
 Instead of using scsi probes to do device discovery, use the firmware
 commands to grab the device listing.  This resolves issues using
 multiple volumes, where each volume was actually internally pointing
 to target 0.