Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:01:57 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DHCP at install time (was Re: 4.0-STABLE dhcp conflicts. )

Actually, while on the topic of DHCP, (I didnt have a chance to double
check this), but as I was installing a new 4.0R box today via a net
install, I accidentally chose "Shall I try DHCP" to get the initial IP
address.  After it failed, I tried to manually specify it, but to no
avail.  Looking at the debug screen, it said the interface had gone
down.  It was an Intel NIC.  Has anyone else seen this behaviour ?  I have
another machine to put together with the same hardware later this week and
I will see if I can repeat the problem consistently.

	---Mike