Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 06:23:01 -0500
From:      Gene Rackow <rackow@mcs.anl.gov>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Ok, *now* it's End-Of-ALPHA Release Candidate time!

I tried to install the 2.0.5-alpha release last night on a couple
of machines.  All went extremely smooth on my HBS-486 machine with
IDE disk and SMC ethernet card.

I ran into BIG problems though on the IBM ThinkPad 360C.  It booted
the floppy just fine, but the keyboard mapping is totally hosed.
Nothing seems to make sense with it.  Some keys appear to do several
different things.  Pressing a key will cause the highlighted menu
item to move to several places befor stopping.  Keydown is different than
key up, etc.

I had no problem with the install of 1.5.1.1 on a thinkpad350 some eons
ago.  I was hoping to be able to do the same now with the 360.  Any ideas?

--Gene