Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 04:59:44 +0200
From:      Matthew West <mwest@uct.ac.za>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: annoying backspace problem in wterm

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:24:52PM +0000, j mckitrick wrote:
> I wish there were a simple solution to the backspace problem in
> general.

Me too, it's incredibly irritating.

> But there isn't.  Okay, I want my backspace key to delete the
> character to the left when pressed, and move the cursor back.  Basic
> stuff.  This works in con25 and xterm, but in Wterm I can't get it
> to work.

I had the same problem with "aterm", which I also prefer over plain
ol' xterm because of its transparency and tint options.  (Makes for
nice eyecandy.)

I managed to get around it by removing the "--disable-backspace-key"
option from CONFIGURE_ARGS directive in the port's Makefile.

Perhaps recompile Wterm after making that change and see if that fixes
it for you?

--
mwest@uct.ac.za