Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:27:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie getting started with perl

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, David Banning wrote:

> I am trying a simple script in perl;
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "Hello World!";
>
> the file is saved as hello.cgi and simply displays as it is above
> in my browser. I am wondering if something is not working or if
> I am missing something.
>
> thanks.

This isn't a Perl problem, it's a problem with your webserver
configuration. Is the script executable? Does it run properly from a
command line? If so, see the 'script-alias' section of httpd.conf and make
sure your webserver is looking in the right place.

Normally, when this happens to me, I've forgotten to make the script
execuatble ;-)

# chmod +x myscript.cgi

JB

|-John Bleichert----syborg@stny.rr.com----------------|