Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:08:44 -0500
From:      Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@cogeco.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is fetchmail with Cox possible?????

--=.h+JkR+WOp?tdPo

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:42:06 -0800 (PST)
Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com> wrote:

> At Thu, 7 Mar 2002 it looks like Tom Kersten composed:
>
> > set daemon 300

I believe this is why you get nothing on the command line, it is running in daemon mode, for testing purposes comment this out.

> > poll smtp.west.cox.net with protocol POP3:
> >
> > user thomas@mydomain.com there is thomas here mda
> > "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f - "
> >

> user thomas there is thomas here mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f - "
>
> You need to only use the login name and make sure the location is
> correct with the following command:
>
> which procmail
>
> You "procmail" may be /usr/bin/procmail !!!

FWIW here is my .fetchmailrc:

# Configuration created Sat Aug  4 07:31:50 2001 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "paul"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
#set daemon 3600
poll pop.cogeco.ca with proto POP3
        user 'pnmurphy' there with password 'XXXXXXX' is 'paul' here

p.s. I think the TAB is important on the last line (i.e. continue previous line)

--
Cogeco ergo sum

--=.h+JkR+WOp?tdPo

--=.h+JkR+WOp?tdPo--