Date:      05 Oct 1999 08:52:06 -0400
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rsi@panix.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup core dumps

John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> writes:

> I've seen a few reports that CVSup has suddenly started dumping
> core on a segmentation violation under -current, but I need more
> information.  For starters, I would like to know whether the static
> binary (ports/net/cvsup-bin) works or not under the very latest
> -current on the i386.  Could somebody please check that and report
> back to the list?  I can't sacrifice my i386 -current machine to the
> cause right now.

I don't have access to the machine right now, but I installed the
cvsup-bin (both GUI and non-GUI versions) and both core dumped for
me.   Both versions were obtained from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/binaries

This is on the latest -current (as of 9PM Oct 4, 99).

Running it under truss helps with the core dump, but runs out of swap
space very quickly.  Truss keeps complaining about free()'ing a
pointer that does not point to allocated memory.  If you want more
details, I shall be happy to provide them this evening.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Rajappa
--
<rsi@panix.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.		New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.