Date:      08 Mar 2002 00:20:25 -0500
From:      hedpi <hedpi@galaxy.homelinux.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting from floppy

My old pc is a p100 with 16 mb ram, and a 1.6 GB hard drive.
It doesnt support booting from the cdrom, so i:

dd if=kern.flp of=/dev/fd0

and the same for mfsroot.flp

then, i boot with the kern disk on, then it asks me for the mfsroot
disk, and when i insert it, and press enter, the message
"cant find /mfsroot" appears on the screen.
i tried this process with 3 different disks, eliminating the problem to
be the floppy. I asked aroung irc ( #freebsdhelp @ efnet ) i searched in
the handbook but it doesnt mention my problem.

After this error, the kernel boots, and when trying to mount root, it
errors and says it cant find init.

What should i do ?

 - Miguel ( Portugal )