Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:11:21 -0500
From:      Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com>
To:        Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Favorite Mail App?

<snip>
> > > Well, I can't speak for /the majority/; however I can recommend Mutt.
> >
> > I second that.
>
> And I third it.
</snip>

I don't get it. Why recommend mutt to someone with "no special requirements"
who just wants to send/recv mail? What need does it fill that the others
cant, except require a rocket scientist a couple of weeks to configure? I
can't speak for Brendan, but most of my users would ask me to install Windows
if I made them use Mutt.

Brendan, if you really have no special requirements, "mail" works fine if
you're not using any GUI. If you are, Sylpheed. Or of course, Kmail if you
use KDE (I can't speak for whatever Gnome uses).