Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 16:32:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, wollman@lcs.mit.edu, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, hackers@FreeBSD.org, wollman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipx on 802.3

I believe it is possible to compare the address family in the file
/sys/net/if.c in the function ifioctl() for "case SIOCSIFFLAGS"
(at about line 531) to determin if AF_IPX is being used, and if so,
interpret the values of IFF_LINK[0-2] differently.

This would be a simple hack compared to fixing all the code to
do the right thing for the interface flags.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.