Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2001 16:48:46 +0200
From:      Hans Ottevanger <hansot@iae.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4RC4 + kdm

Hi folks,

I did a fresh install of 4.4-RC4 from CD-ROM today on my testmachine,
and found the whole installation, including KDE 2.2, going smoothly. The
only exception is that when I start kdm, I get the following messages:

Cannot open access control file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xaccess,
	 no XDMCP reqeusts will be granted
cannot access servers file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xservers

Indeed, these kdm configuration files appear to be missing.

I could solve this problem by deleting the package kdebase2, and
reinstalling it from the ports. In that case a newer version of the
kdmrc file is used, that shares the Xaccess and Xservers files with xdm.

Apparently the ports version is newer than the packages. I hope this
still can be "repaired" in 4.4-RELEASE.

Kind regards,

Hans