Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:50:12 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help needed finding crash reason

I've been crashing - it is related to the use of X.  Or netscape.

I've already upgraded to 4.2 Stable, re-installed X, (3.3.6),
re-installed xfce (3.6.3) and I still have my crash problem.

It often happens when using netscape. I see my mouse pointer gradually
less and less responsive. Soon after, there is no response at all,
and I have to completely reset the machine.

Pouring over the mail archives I understand I can set a rc.conf
variable dumpdev="/dev/wd1s1b" (my swap device),
and that will give me something to work with.
Having done this, where do I look for the result?
When I get the result, which is ? - what do I do with it?

Thanks.