Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:42:59 -0600
From:      Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative seems to open up SB Live

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I just downloaded the SB Live driver from http://opensource.creative.com .
>
> Don't have time right now to work on it (heavy work load) so have a ball
> guys 8)

Hmm interesting...
I looked the stuff over briefly; the main bulk  of the code is written
to be portable, in fact it's the code from the widows NT driver.

I suspect it wouldn't be to hard to the os specific over to fbsd.

The problem with this of course would be the driver would have to
be entirely GPL'ed.
Any thoughts on this?
worth while in the sort term, complete rewrite in the long term?
(that may be hard to do without referencing the GPL'ed code)

Ok but lets do it but make in it a load able kernel module so
the GPL virus doesn't infect the kernel.

Why bother with this card any ways find one the performs better. :-) :-)