Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 2013 01:15:49 -0800
From:      Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeon KMS on HD4650 (RV730)

First, thanks to all who made this possible, it's working great.

Some notes:

-I can return to console, newcons not installed, glxinfo | fgrep render
indicates gallium hw drivers. This works up to once, and not always. I am
setting a mode in all screens fairly close to native res.
-Nothing has directly crashed, although I haven't thrown the mess that is
compiz at it yet
-So far more stable in my setup than UMS

Two weird things:

1. Xorg is constantly using exactly 1 cpu worth of cycles, but apparently
multitasked across all processors.
2. xfce4-displays hangs, and KDE4 hangs during startup. xrandr runs fine. My
xorg.0.log is constantly filling with modeline info.

I recently stopped using gcc47/gcc49 to compile some ports, and rebuilt all
ports with clang and occassionally gcc 4.2.1 when specified as default. This
may or may not be related...I could start KDE4 or run xfce4-displays before
this.

Matt