Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 14:23:31 -0700
From:      "Jacob S. Barrett" <jsbarrett@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XDM and Environment Settings

Can XDM be configured to use the settings from login.conf for configuring the
users enviroment during XDM login or must all the settings be placed in
Xstartup and Xsession as well?

I would like the environment variables, such as FTP_PASSIVE_MODE and
JAVA_HOME. to be set in X sessions as well as regular teminal login sessions.
  I don't want to have to set them in both the login.conf and Xsession.  I am
lazy and don't want to edit two places to set values.

If there is no switch or setting to do this has anyone written a script to
just pull the settings out of login.conf and set them that way?

Thanks,
Jake

--
Jacob S. Barrett