Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:30:21 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@caladan.tdx.co.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial Console - at above 9600 baud?

Hi All,

I've finally got my serial console working (thanks to all that helped) -
the sio flags being set to '0x30' (as opposed to the 0x20 I was using)
finally got it working...

I can't seem to get it to run above 9600 baud though... If I use:

options		CONSPEED=57600

In my kernel config (with our without "'s around it) it boots, starts the
serial console at 9600 - then I get a _lot_ of corruption, it almost looks
as if some parts of the console IO are happening at 9600 baud, and others
at 57k6...

If I leave the above line out - it all works, but only at 9600 baud... Has
anyone else seen this?

Also once the system is booted - the console is left 'dead' - am I safe to
run up a getty on this? (i.e. I presume the getty will die and ddb will
take over in case of a panic?)

Regards,

Karl