Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 07:33:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, cah@lakewood.com (Carolyn Pechter)
Subject:   Re: UUCP (important clarification)

> > Masochistic 8-)
> >
> > UUCP is much easier to configure than, say gated.conf!
>
> Interesting discussion.  I didn't realize how many UUCP users there
> are still out there, and how protective they are :-)
>
> Greg

It comes from the days of 1200 baud news feeds.  There are many of us
who were looked at as gods because we were the keepers of the newsfeed
at work and could grant enlightenment to people with home PC's by slipping
them a feed without the management knowing.

My wife first ran across me while attempting to weasel a feed out of
Concurrent Computer to her home BBS and 3b2/300.

Them was the good old days.  2400 baud news feeds, contents, no spam.
Them bits travelled up hill to the news spool both ways at 2400 baud, son.
And we didn't have none of those graphic screens.  We used rn and B-news
like you was supposed to. 8-)

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.