Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 1998 08:39:44 -0500
From:      Geoffrey Robinson <grobin@accessv.com>
To:        Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't Access Apache Manual Files

Rudy Gireyev wrote:

> ---Geoffrey Robinson <grobin@accessv.com> wrote:
> >
> > Rudy Gireyev wrote:

> but man
> > >
> > > Make sure it made it into the path when you are running it.
> >
> > How?
>
> echo $MANPATH :-)

Okay, it's in the path.
Actually I think the problem may be that the Apache manual files just
aren't there. In /usr/apache/man I get the listing

cat1			cat9			man4
cat2			catl			man5
cat3			catn			man6
cat4			de_DE.ISO_8859-1	man7
cat5			ja_JP.EUC		man8
cat6			man1			man9
cat7			man2			manl
cat8			man3			mann

This is the same listing I get in /usr/local/man but when I do
   #ls -Rl /usr/apache/man >list
and look at list in vi I discover that there are no files in the
/usr/apache/man tree, only a bunch of empty directories and
subdirectories. I looked in the apache build directories for the help
files but I couldn't find anything. Do you know where I can get them and
where to copy them to? Is it possible that they where accidentally left
out of the apache-current port?

- Geoff