Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:59:04 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: per-port make.conf options and hyphenated port names

On Jan 21, 2014, at 04:36 , Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com> =
wrote:

> 21.01.2014 03:01, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
>>=20
>> Digging through /usr/ports/Mk/ I can=92t find anywhere that =
$UNIQUENAME is modified to guarantee that it references a safe variable =
name (i.e. I don=92t see anywhere that $UNIQUENAME has reserved =
characters removed from it before use).  So, given that a lot of times =
$UNIQUENAME is just the name of the port, and a lot of ports have =
hyphens in their names, how is this meant to be dealt with?
>>=20
>> Thanks for any pointers or help!
>=20
> Excuse me hijacking the thread but doesn't ports-mgmt/portconf do =
almost the same?

It might, but not being part of the core ports makefiles it=92s not a =
candidate for use inside tinderbox and other port-building tools.