Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:16:39 -0700
From:      "Devin Teske" <dteske@vicor.com>
To:        "'Freddie Cash'" <fjwcash@gmail.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Hackers' <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

Glad you asked. This couldn't be easier.

Open up `/boot/menu.rc' and look for the following lines (LINE 9-10):

	\ Customizations
	set logo=3D"orb"

Feel free to play with any of the following drop-in replacements:

	set logo=3D"beastie"
	set logo=3D"beastiebw"
	set logo=3D"fbsdbw"
	set logo=3D"orb"
	set logo=3D"orbbw"

Simply deleting the line or comment it out (by adding "\ " -- backslash-spa=
ce -- to the beginning of the line) is equivalent to setting logo to "beast=
ie". Here's a short explanation of each value:

	NAME		DESCRIPTION
	beastie		Color ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
	beastiebw	B/W ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
	fbsdbw		"FreeBSD" logo in B/W (13 rows x 21 columns)
	orb		Color ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)
	orbbw		B/W ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)

I'm not sure what you meant by "Beastie ASCII" image, but I think you're ei=
ther looking for "beastie" or "fbsdbw".

You should have to, but if you need to, you can add:

	set logoX=3DX
	set logoY=3DY

to force the row/column placement of beastie.
--=20
Devin

>=20
> --
> Freddie Cash
> fjwcash@gmail.com

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.